ABC BLASPHEMES JESUS WITH NEW SHOW ‘GCB’

legalizejesus March 6, 2012 15
ABC BLASPHEMES JESUS WITH NEW SHOW ‘GCB’

Boycott ABC.  Please read this story below and send it to all your Christian friends and family.  We need to ban together and get this disgusting blasphemous TV show off the air.

Some one should inform the liberal secular progressive Christ-haters at ABC that… OUR GOD WILL NOT BE MOCKED.

Hey… I wonder what would happen if these liberal secular progressive Christ-haters at ABC made a primetime tv show mocking Muhammad and offending Muslim women?  Hmmm.  No way.  They wouldn’t dare do that, they just attack, mock and defile Christians and our Holy faith.  No one else’s.  Why?  Weird.

I was going to add the ‘GBC’ TV show trailer into this post/story but it was such garbage and so offensive to Christian women I decided not to.

Stand up for Jesus and our holy faith.  Combat Christophobia.  Legalize Jesus.

ABC Blasphemes Jesus with New Show ‘GCB’

good christiian

ABC-TV has taken blasphemy against God, the Bible, God’s church, and Jesus Christ to new levels of depravity.

The pictured advertisement for ABC’s new program,GCB, found in a New York subway, not only is a blasphemous use of the biblical command to “Love thy neighbor.” It also blasphemes Jesus Christ, who died on a Cross to save the souls of all people who have faith in Him.

Based on the book “Good Christian Bi—-s” by Kim Gatlin, GCB is about a woman named Amanda Vaughn, played by Leslie Bibb, who returns home to Dallas with her two children after facing marital and financial troubles. GCB’s trailers, ads, and name suggest this series will not be family friendly or even respectful towards Christians.

According to information about the program received by Movieguide, Amanda is a former “mean girl” who has put the past behind her, while her former class mates and victims have not. They are the new mean girls who are as likely to gossip viciously about their returned rival as they are to offer up a humiliating prayer about her in church. As soon as their leader Carlene Cockburn, played by Kristin Chenoweth, sees her arrive she calls her friends, smugly gossiping about how Amanda’s former husband died in a car crash while having an affair with her best friend. Chenoweth’s character then halts the talk saying, “Ladies, it is not appropriate to speak of such things on the phone.” After a pause she continues, “I’ll see ya in church.”

Another clip shows Carlene and her friends confronting Amanda about the moral code of their community. The following scene shows Carlene in an office getting an invitation from a man to “do it.” Turning religious pictures face down, she crawls over the desk, as well as the man, and gives him a heavy kiss. Meanwhile, Amanda’s gun-collecting, shallow mother, played by Annie Potts says, “I feel certain that the good Lord would like me to have a new fur coat.”

Based on the trailers, Amanda Vaughn appears to be the only sane member of this community, and she doesn’t appear to be a practicing Christian. When her mother drags her and her children to church, Amanda tells her mother that she “didn’t raise the kids with any particular religion.” While we all know that there are hypocrites in every institution and every religion, GCB uses southern Christian women as the sole, stereotypical examples of self-indulgence, shallowness and hypocrisy.

Other scenes show young girls being encouraged to wear revealing tops. When one mother expresses concern that her daughter‘s old cheerleader uniform is to tight, Chenoweth’s character tells her not to worry “cleavage helps your cross hang straight.” Later at the game, the football team cheers when the girl’s vest pops open.

Clearly, this isn’t exactly a message Christian parents would want to send their daughters.

Although the series may prove better than its trailers and name suggest, the fact that GCB ridicules God, morality, and Christians, who are little more than stereotypes, raises concerns for both families and Christians. In this light, everyone should remember that ridicule was a tool that Adolph Hitler used to murder 6 million Jews during World War II.

We urge everyone to call or write a letter complaining about this series (which began airing Sunday night) to the following Disney and ABC executives:

Robert Iger, CEO

The Walt Disney Company

Anne Sweeney, President

Disney-ABC Television Group

Paul Lee, President

ABC Entertainment

500 S. Buena Vista Street

Burbank, CA 91521

Phone: (818) 460-7777

(charismanews.com)

15 Comments »

1. hannah baumann March 11, 2012 at 6:24 pm - Reply

Let’s hope and pray this trash is stopped. Glad to hear KRAFT FOODS has withdrawn advertising for this show. I for one use lots of KRAFT foods, etc.we don’t need any more of these shows for our kids to see.

2. Jane doe March 12, 2012 at 8:23 pm - Reply

You bible thumping Jesus freaks need to get a life. It’s a television show! It’s based on a fictitious book, however I know quite a few self proclaimed born again Christians who are exactly like this. Get off your almighty high horses nut bags.

3. Sue Davidson March 14, 2012 at 1:36 am - Reply

It is so very sad to see how far this country has fallen. To the Jane Doe, you don’t realize you are fulfilling prophesy with your hate. He told us to expect it, even more so in the last days. He told us to love our enemies but He didn’t tell us to support them with our income, so I will not be watching ABC or buying any product that thinks to profit by defaming Him. I do hope that Jane and those like her will open their minds and hearts and find true joy and love in Him. Jane please stop being such a close minded hater, Jesus is the only one who can give you peace. Please pray for Jane and all the others like her who are like we used to be. Thank God for His mercy!

4. Casper March 25, 2012 at 3:23 am - Reply

Love the show, it is great! As with most of calls for these type of bans by you bible thumpers, it won’ t do any good. Why can’t you guys just turn the channel and let the sane members of society watch a funny and great show.

• Jen March 27, 2012 at 3:45 am - Reply

Agreed.

5. The Red Queen March 25, 2012 at 5:27 am - Reply

How funny ya’ll are. Seriously, I grew up in “Hillside Park” and some of these GBCs are really, really, really like these women. Not great fiction (psuedo) worth making into a TV show, but then I never thought much of Sex & the City or Desperate Housewives but the viewing public of America doesn’t always not agree. And you may not like it either, but honey truth has a way of making its nasty self known. Hide your head in the sand all you want while calling on your saviour – it likely won’t help much. God was able to sit back and not interfer with Adam & Eve or even the cruxifiction; unlikely to really care much about a stupid TV show. Just try switching the channel.

6. The Red Queen March 25, 2012 at 5:30 am - Reply

And Hannah, I’d recommend giving up Kraft Foods products – girl are you reading what kind of trash (read chemicals and not-real food) they put in their products? Seriously not healthy. Time for a switch to “real” food and real cooking.

7. Elaina April 2, 2012 at 5:22 am - Reply

I have been a devout Christian who works on her relationship with God and others on a daily basis, my boyfriend grew up in the church & has his seminary degree. We are both devout, practicing Christians. That being said: I think this show is hilarious and ought to be watched by more of the Christian community. Both my boyfriend and I have come across “Christians” like this on a daily basis, especially on Sundays at church. There are people who claim to be devout Christians who act more like these characters than who God calls us to be in the Bible, and I think it’s about time someone called them out on these behaviors. These characters might as well be based on actual people and I’m tired of people like this giving Christians a bad name. I love this show and will be watching it every week.

8. Janet April 10, 2012 at 9:49 pm - Reply

I am a catholic from massachusetts, I have recently move to Tennessee and have met SO MANY people who are exactly like the “christians” on this show. The whole southern Christian culture seems to have forgotten what it really means to be a follower of the ways of Christ.

• Jeff May 7, 2012 at 3:52 am - Reply

“The whole Southern Christian Culture”? Really? I wasn’t aware you knew me, my church or my walk with Christ. It’s funny how others can openly make fun of Christianity and we are all supposed to lighten up, etc. However, I’m not aware of any prime time tv shows on the major networks that mock homosexuality, other religions, or race. I can laugh at this show the one time I’ve watched it, but I just don’t find it to be very good. It’s very typical to read people ripping and labeling Christians as if all of Christians are this way. When you have a set of standards or try to live the Christian life, it’s easy to call us out as we all fall short. That’s part of being a Christian, admitting your not perfect, but still continuing to struggle and serve Him as we are called to do. When you don’t have any belief system or do not follow Christ, it’s pretty easy to point out the flaws of Christians or call us bible thumpers. I’m not sure how you are any different than those you call out….

9. Jonathan April 13, 2012 at 6:54 pm - Reply

I love this TV show it’s so funny! Everything they say regarding Christianity and the hypocrisy that goes on is very true. I’m from Dallas there are strip clubs on every corner just like there are churches. They should just build them next door to each other to save some time.

10. Pat April 16, 2012 at 3:17 am - Reply

I love the show! It’s the way most of the so called Christians I know act. Just watch Fox News. They are a perfect example.

11. Jamie April 19, 2012 at 8:44 pm - Reply

Yes, i agree that that’s the way “so-called” christians act, however, ANYONE who follows the word of God (yes, the BIBLE), and has a true relationship with God will not behave in this manner because their personal convictions will not allow then to do so. Anyone can stand up and say they’re a christian, but it will take a real Jesus Freak to lay their life down for their friends and love their neighbors as themselves.

12. Mary in Mo May 30, 2012 at 12:38 am - Reply

I LOVED that show!!! I guess it got too close to the truth and that scares the people hiding behind Christianity. Please bring GCB back on the air!!!

13. Steven June 6, 2012 at 12:55 am - Reply

Have never heard of the show, but then again don’t watch too much tv because of this type of material. Nothing good anymore on tv. It may be funny, but not good for you. Paul said it best, “all things are permittable, but not all things are profitable”. This seems to be one of those things. For my brothers and sisters who understand this, continue to watch the signs like the fig tree. And continue to fight the good fight

Leave A Response »